Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Leander City Councilwoman Cantwell Announces Candidacy for Williamson County Treasurer

Just received this release regarding Leander City Councilwoman Michell Cantwell:
“It has been both an honor and a privilege to serve and represent the citizens of Leander on the Leander City Council since 2003. Based upon the ‘Resign to Run’ requirements of the Texas Constitution and the Leander City Charter, I am resigning my seat on the Leander City Council effective immediately to announce my candidacy for Williamson County Treasurer. I will continue to serve on the Leander City Council until an election determines a replacement for the remainder of my term.  I sincerely appreciate the support and confidence the Leander voters have extended to me in representing their interests here in Leander, Texas.  Additionally, from a professional standpoint, I want to recognize and commend our city manager and his staff for their professionalism and support throughout my tenure on the Leander City Council.  While I will no longer be serving Leander citizens at the city level, I eagerly look forward to serving them as the next Williamson County Treasurer.  I ask for your support, your votes, and your prayers as I move forward with this opportunity to serve the citizens of Williamson County.”
The other announced candidate is Jerri Jones.  

No comments: