Sunday, May 16, 2010

Walk For Life 2010

As a Conservative, one of my core beliefs is in the preciousness of human life. Even during my 'atheist' years, I recognized that unborn children were human, and that abortion negatively impacts not only babies, but women, men, families, and really, all of society.

While my political involvement has taken me into many areas of interest, my heart is still first and foremost committed to changing hearts and minds on the issue of abortion. One way I work for that goal is by supporting my local pregnancy center and Texas Alliance for Life.

This coming weekend, as I have done for the past 8 years, I will participate in the TAFL Walk for Life. The Walk will take place in 3 area locations:

Georgetown, May 22
Sequin, June 5
Austin,June 19

Proceeds will support the TAFL Trust Fund's valuable research, legal defense, and educational efforts to help change hearts, minds, and public policy to create a culture of life. A portion of the proceeds will also be awarded as grants to 19 pro-life Texas agencies, including pregnancy centers in Williamson County.

At the Texas Alliance for Life website, you can sponsor me, sponsor another walker, or sign up to participate yourself. Donations as small as $5 will help make a difference!

Please consider supporting the work of Texas Alliance for Life and our pregnancy centers to create a culture of life for all Texans.

Pregnancy Centers in Williamson County:
Agape Pregnancy Resource Center, Round Rock
Hope Pregnancy Center, Hutto
Hope Connections Pregnancy Center, Leander
Pregnancy Help Center of Williamson County , Georgetown

No comments: