Friday, September 21, 2012

Heartache: Matt Stillwell Not a Native Texan After All

Awkward...


Oh dear; it seems that Matt Stillwell, Democrat candidate for House district 136, has sent out some erroneous information on one of his campaign mailers.  As I noted yesterday in a brief update to "Matt Wants Higher Gas Taxes, Do You?" the campaign sent out a mailer this week in which Mr. Stillwell was described as a native Texan.  I wasn't sure at the time, but my memory did serve me well:  Mr. Stillwell was born and raised in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  

I guess there were quite a few folks who noticed the problem- allegedly Mr. Stillwell has now had to send out an email apology to his supporters.  

It's a bit silly to make a claim that can be so easily disproved.  I can only guess that Mr. Stillwell's handlers thought they could mitigate his liberal politics by appealing to the Daughters of the Republic or something.  Do they really believe that 'Native Texans' are just a bunch of rednecks waiting for an excuse to "Git a rope" for transplants?  Some of my best friends are 'Native Texans,' and they seem like a pretty sharp bunch to me.

Maybe this is what they had in mind?


No comments: